Mini Chicken Pot Pies
So just like every other working girl, I browse Pinterest and Google on the daily for simple things to make for dinner. Hoping to use some things I already have in my fridge/freezer or pantry.. ALWAYS A PLUS! After Googling, "cheap and easy dinner ideas", one of the first things that popped up was a recipe from Campbell's .. a recipe for mini chicken pot pies - I WAS SOLD. Seriously, 5 ingredients and 3 of which I already had.. SCORE. So, without further ado I present to you the simplest dinner you'll ever make!
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I bought Tyson, in the freezer section)
- 1 can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 of a 16-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas), thawed (about 1 1/2 cups) (I used Steamfresh 10oz bag, just a tad more than what it calls for, and easier to find)
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough (junior-sized, 10 biscuits) (I couldn't find the junior size, so I used the regular ones!)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Heat the oven to 350°F. While the oven is heating, spray 10 (2 1/2-inch) muffin-pan cups with vegetable cooking spray. Stir the chicken, soup and vegetables in a medium bowl.
Roll or pat the biscuits to flatten slightly. Press the biscuits into the bottoms and up the sides of the muffin-pan cups. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each biscuit cup. Lightly press the chicken mixture down so it's level. Top each with about 2 teaspoons cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Let the pot pies cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.